June has been a month for me where I’ve started to seriously take into account all my future dreams.
It’s easy to look at others who are achieving the dreams you want in envy and jealousy. The thoughts creep in “I so wish I were like them” “Why are they successful, and how can I get there?”. As much as these thoughts can be a tool to motivate you to do more, dream more and be more. At the same time, these very thoughts cause this depression in me, “I’m still not as good as I know I can be”. What’s holding me back from achieving my dreams in full? Is it fear of failure? Lack of self confidence? How do I step out into the fullness I’m made to be?
My friend, who’s an amazing illustrator, Kitty N. Wong shared this great quote that really uplifted me.
The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel. - Steven Furtick
I got a little bit artsy-fartsy. But hey, living the creative lifestyle is a journey and what better than to share with strangers who might be going through the same thing.
On a less heavy note, here are my happenings for the month of June. If you haven’t already follow me on Instagram @belindalovelee to keep in touch with my day to day. Make sure to say hello!
1. This unfinished wall looks perfect just as to me- got all the trends going for it messy lines, color blocking, teal!
2. I got sent these paper samples and I literally squealed for joy! I’m seriously such a paper nerd.
3. Started a new sketchbook! I have this habit of giving a name to each one, somehow it makes it more personal. This one is called the ‘visual journal for the soul.’
4. Dash knows how to get a tan!
5. Me and my messy sketchbook are currently trying to find the right balance of green-blue (I call it grlue) to rebrand myself with. Exciting things to come!
6. Just had to do one of those corny ‘look at my latte shots’. So pwetty!
7. 1st time doing something different from my usually style. It’s a challenge breaking out of your usual!
8. Arting around with paints and shapes.