May is by far the most exciting and life changing month of the year/life for me because- I GOT MARRIED! Then went to the Bahamas for our honeymoon! It’s been a whirlwind of a month, I wish I could just hit rewind and enjoy it all again. It’s been really good to take a couple of weeks away from work to spend time with the new husband!
1. We moved into our new home, and our top room is an attic converted bedroom- it’s a beauty.
2. Then came the masses of wedding prepping: flower picking, wedding programs, napkins- all things grlue!
3. Then arrived the family members, friends and bridesmaids from the corners of the earth. We took them to the beach where we got engaged at!
4. We also moved my family from Hong Kong into this beautiful Air B&B, a 17th century cottage. The wisterias on this house is just breathtaking.
5. MAY 24- I got to marry the most handsome and amazing man of my dreams, I wore the most beautiful beaded dress and we put the ring on it! Our wedding photographer Titus Chan was such a joy and pleasure to work with, and boy, did he make us look our best.
6. We had a mini honeymoon in Bath UK before heading out to the Bahamas. (Any future brides and grooms, I so suggest you to take a couple of days before heading out on the real honeymoon, because the exhaustion that comes after the day is indescribable, literally all you want to do for days is sleep!)
7. Then we had two weeks of absolute bliss in Nassau, Bahamas. Ugh, so having post wedding and honeymoon blues.
The following snippet might be a little more personally than the usual, but I hope you’ve had just as amazing of a May as I have. Thank you to all of you who have sent a quick congrats message, which I’m still trying to catch up on replying. I’ve never felt so much love from IRL friends and internet friends, thank you thank you!
I guess I should start signing out as Mrs. Belinda Stratford (whoa!)
Ps. Don’t know if any of your guys are interested in me writing up a post about how to plan/prep/DIY for a wedding as a bride who’s done it all recently it’s all fresh up in my mind- hit me up and if it’s on demand I’ll put it together!